Executive Assistant (National Geographic)
The Editor-in-Chief of National Geographic Editorial is looking for an executive assistant to support both the Editor and his Direct Reports through administrative duties.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include calendaring, completing expense reports, travel planning, and managing internal and external communications. Occasionally, this role will support the Editor and his team in creating presentation materials, providing project management support, coordinating department-level meetings and events, and collecting weekly updates from the team to share with senior leadership. In addition to understanding the executive's business -- and business needs – the role will require any candidates to build an understanding of the leadership and workings of National Geographic Editorial and related departments across The Walt Disney Company
Candidates for this role should feel comfortable acting as an administrator in a professional setting, maintaining strict confidentiality standards, and representing the department to the broader organization. They will need to be detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to balance multiple high-priority projects with tight deadlines. They should present as professional, have a positive attitude, be consistently prepared and responsive. Candidates must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication.
Working across Editorial and other groups at National Geographic, the executive assistant will have the opportunity to learn and contribute to a 135-year old brand with several popular print magazines, a dynamic website, and the largest following of any brand in social media as we continue to modernize and evolve our content to illuminate and foster understanding of the wonder of our world.
• Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts
• Handle office tasks, such as generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and transcribe minutes from meetings
• Support work across the NG Editorial team, inclusive of Integrated Storytelling, Operations, Visuals, Content, and Graphics.
• Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Greet and assist visitors.
• Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and hotel and restaurant reservations.
• Knowledge of appropriate software including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Keynote, Google workspace, Zoom, and Adobe Acrobat and All Social Media Platforms
• Relevant Internship Experience within Entertainment or Publishing Industry
• 2+ years working as an administrative assistant, executive support preferred
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call ABC.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy63m-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.