The Director, Subscription Growth Management will work cross-functionally to set, operationalize, and optimize all strategies to achieve Nat Geo direct to consumer subscription revenue growth and annual DTC revenue goals. This person will use both creative and analytical skills to identify opportunities, define product strategy, support roadmap development, develop annual plans and oversee execution of the plans across the organization.
• Owns the subscription value proposition, pricing and offer strategy. It is a critical role that leverages both content and product marketing to drive subscription growth and optimize the revenue per subscriber in our key subscription markets.
• Build compelling insight-driven product positioning and messaging strategies for growth segments for each subscription product.
• Partner with Bus Intelligence team to develop annual test plans and rollout plans on pricing, messaging, subscription funnel optimization
• Partner with Digital Strategy and Technology teams to identify and prioritize new features that can drive acquisition, engagement, and retention
• Define the annual business plan for all subscription products that includes acq strategy, promotional beats, engagement, renewal/retention plans to meet/exceed subscription targets.
• You will be analyzing data, insights and performance to inform and refine strategies that offer scalable subscription growth.
• In partnership with CRM/channel management teams ensure campaign details, test plans and KPI's are documented with detailed requirements to enable efficient and successful execution of strategic deliverables.
• Manage cross-functional teams to ensure all are delivering on agreed plans that drive strategic goal.
• Oversee marketing campaign concepting and creative development including agency management.
• Initiate consumer product research as needed.
• Identify key content moments and content amplification strategies to drive acquisition.
• Determine new ways to tap into growth audiences outside Nat Geo's owned channels.
• Understand the competitive landscape to identify market opportunities and risks.
• Manage subscription budget, reforecasting and department budget ensuring efficient spending and adherence to finance process and policies.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in digital product management/marketing with recent experience building and evolving a digital publishing subscription businesses
• Superior analytical and cross-functional collaboration skills; excels at both hard and soft skills
• Understands the marketing levers to pull across acquisition, retention and content engagement to drive revenue and subscriptions
• Experience leading strategic projects across multiple teams, with the ability to manage up and across an organization
• Experience in building and managing high performance
• Passion and commitment to diversity
• Effectively leverage data to help craft strategies and business cases
• Manage workload effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Lead with a growth mindset
• Ability to distill key market trends that could impact the business model make timely, critical pivots as needed
• P/L experience
The hiring range for this position in Washington DC is $$148,666-$199,430 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Television.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8n4vx-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.