National Geographic Media is the publisher behind National Geographic's signature content, breathtaking photography, iconic magazine, and unsurpassed social media presence. This division is responsible for engaging Nat Geo's audience with unparalleled storytelling and pulling them into a recurring revenue relationship with the brand. The Nat Geo Media team covers everything on the consumer journey, from creating and publishing print, digital, social, video, and audio content to generating awareness through social and newsletters, acquisition, and retention marketing; managing print operations and international licensing; and developing the brand's digital and social platforms. Nat Geo Media aims to become the largest publisher for everyone passionate about exploring the world and learning how to care for it.
Situated within NG Media's Editorial team, the Creative department is the center of excellence for all things visual, from the design of our digital experiences to the ways we use elements like graphics and maps to tell our stories to conceptualizing and building interactive ways for users to engage with our content digitally. The team establishes and implements the brand's visual identity across all digital touchpoints and ensures that excellence and innovation are at the heart of how we execute our work.
The Assistant Designer will help guide the user experience of stories within National Geographic's digital platforms, including the visual presentation of multimedia assets and graphics. Working with a team of designers, editors, product owners, and developers, she/he/they will be involved in all phases of digital projects, products, and stories, with a focus on the creative use of assets to develop effective and immersive experiences. The ideal candidate will have a strong design sensibility and some experience with editorial content. We will consider candidates who have a strong leaning either to design or user experience, but editorial judgment skills are a must.
• Help define and implement UX standards across National Geographic's storytelling, and assist with conceptualizing, developing, and producing digital experiences of our stories
• Coordinate with Product teams ensure consistent, platform-appropriate UX across web, app (iOS + Android), etc. for both custom and templated stories
• Coordinate with Editorial teams to ensure optimal, platform-appropriate expression of stories
• Collaborate with editorial and visual teams to concept and pitch visual stories
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in hands-on design or user experience role(s)
• Strong design sensibility
• Portfolio demonstrating application of your ideas and work within range of digital platforms
• Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call ABC.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7be2-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.