MSNBC is looking for a Writing Associate Producer for PoliticsNation.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
Research, report and write daily segments.
Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
Take part in editorial planning.
Pitch story ideas.
Research, write and edit MSNBC's lower-third banner chyrons, the ''front page'' of MSNBC's coverage.
Produce other vital on-screen content for MSNBC's weekend programming.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics, American history and global news.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Ability to ''book'' guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.
• Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkqopq-54-80-252-84-42 in your application.