MSNBC is looking for a Writing Associate Producer for our 8PM to 10PM weekend show.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
• Research, report and write daily segments.
• Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
• Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
• Take part in editorial planning.
• Pitch story ideas.
• Research, write and edit MSNBC's lower-third banner chyrons, the ''front page'' of MSNBC's coverage.
• Produce other vital on-screen content for MSNBC's weekend programming.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics, American history and global news.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Ability to ''book'' guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.
• Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55x6z-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.