MSNBC is looking for a Writing Associate Producer for Yasmin Vossoughian Reports
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East
• Research, report and write daily segments.
• Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
• Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
• Take part in editorial planning.
• Pitch story ideas.
• Research, write and edit MSNBC's lower-third banner chyrons, the ''front page'' of MSNBC's coverage.
• Produce other vital on-screen content for MSNBC's weekend programming.
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics,
American history and global news.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
• 2 years of experience in some form of journalism
required (i.e. cable or network news, website,
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is
• Ability to deal with daily script deadline pressure.
• Ability to ''book'' guests, and work with graphics and
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories
with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r094x1-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.