VP, Human Resources
New York, NY
ROLE SUMMARY & RESPONSILIBITES
The VP Human Resources has overall responsibility for the design, development and delivery of effective HR strategies and execution in the areas of workforce and resource planning, talent acquisition and retention, succession planning, and compensation strategies for MSNBC. The VP of Human Resource will report into the EVP - Global Human Resources for the News Group, provide HR leadership to President, MSNBC, senior business leaders, and mange a team of HR professionals providing the appropriate delegation, feedback and coaching to ensure retention of top talent.
• Drive key HR initiatives including but not limited to staffing, performance management, compensation strategies, succession planning, training and development, rewards & recognition, recruitment and retention, organizational effectiveness and employee communication.
• Partner with the President of MSNBC on developing org structure and strategies for next generation of the channel.
• Partner with the senior leadership team and key stakeholders to establish an HR strategic vision needed to support and drive the business forward.
• Work with business leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives. Be champion of our culture, standards and practices.
• Lead succession planning for key management roles and execute a strategic staffing strategy to ensure a robust and diverse pipeline of talent across the organization.
• Identify ways to supplement on-air talent development and pipeline.
• Advocate and offer guidance and coaching to employees concerning work-related issues and work to resolve issues in a proactive and positive manner.
• Own and work closely with cross-functional partners and SMEs on employee related matters such as contract negotiations, investigations, compensation, L&OD, HR Operations, etc.
• In conjunction with news group HR team and business leads: create a clear plan for future workplace principles and process including guidance for managers and measurements of success.
• Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers.
• Help to drive change within the organization to include adoption of new technologies, integration of key growth businesses and workflows, staffing models, and organization structures.
• Manage dedicated HR Manager and collaborate on shared management of HR Generalist and Coordinator, providing direction and identifying development and engagement opportunities that support and encourage high performance.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
• Minimum of 10 years professional HR experience with proven success in leading teams and partnering with senior executives if a fast paced, 24/7 environment.
• HR leader with an ability to have impact and influence others into action.
• Action oriented/driver and resourceful.
• Courage to express a different point of view and use initiative and sound judgment to solve complex people issues.
• Project management experience - the ability to get things done.