This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
We're looking for a writer to help grow MSNBC's showblogs. You will work closely with the MSNBC Managing Editor, lead blog editor and MSNBC show producers as part of a team to encourage the conversation and attract new audiences to MSNBC. The ideal candidate has experience writing about politics, race, identity, and culture and excellent judgment, with a firm grasp of journalistic standards and track record that proves they can hew to the standards of the NBCU News Group.
The ideal candidate will have superb editing skills, an understanding of which stories are most important, an eye for entertaining and unique angles and a demonstrated track record of results in a fast-tempo newsroom. This position will report to the MSNBC blog editor
What you will do:
• Publish compelling, creative, unique opinion journalism for MSNBC digital
• Collaborate across digital and linear teams to spearhead MSNBC blog coverage of storylines
• Coordinate with your designated MSNBC host and producers to ensure your blog matches the editorial tone and priorities of your show
• Willingness to appear and discuss reported opinion pieces on MSNBC cable and other MSNBC platforms
• Establish and meet NBCU News Group's rigorous Standards and Legal guidelines
• Read widely and stay abreast of the competition
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3 or more years work in a newsroom environment, including
experience with breaking news
• 2 or more years working in a strictly digital shop
• Must have desire to work in a creative, demanding, passionate environment
• Skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
• Must be a professional, nimble and effective worker
across newsroom teams, platforms and with partners
• Ideally based in New York City or Washington
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93327-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.