Producer, The Rachel Maddow Show
New York, NY
Launched in 2008, ''The Rachel Maddow Show'' follows the machinations of policy making in America, from local political activism to international diplomacy. Rachel Maddow looks past the distractions of political theater and stunts and focuses on the legislative proposals and policies that shape American life - as well as the people making and influencing those policies and their ultimate outcome, intended or otherwise.
Join the Maddow team as a producer and contribute daily by pitching, writing and producing exceptional, compelling stories about politics, current affairs, public policy, foreign news and quirky things that happen every day.
• Work closely with Rachel Maddow and senior staff on editorial content of nightly show
• Pitch and shape segment ideas with a specific ''TRMS'' angle
• Write compelling segments that include quality sound, eye-catching graphics, and headline grabbing banners
• Work with sources to report out original stories
• Participate in daily staff editorial and production meetings
• Pitch guest ideas and on occasion, pre-interview guests
• Thrive in a team environment in which everyone strives to give co-workers a hand whenever needed and stay calm in pressure situations
• Must have at least 4 years of relevant experience (i.e.
cable news, broadcast TV, radio, podcast, etc.)
• Excellent writing skills
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Political
Science, History or related field
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Thorough knowledge of American politics
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories
with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Possess ability to develop story ideas and angles,
research, and plan segments
• Write and produce segments with speed but still be error
• Ability to ''book'' guests, and work with graphics and
• Knowledge of current events and politics.
• Strong knowledge of social media