This producer position is part of the Newsgathering team.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for logistical planning for day of, next day and future weekend events
Generate daily grids of correspondents' assignments and coverage planning
Book crews, assign producers and correspondents for live remotes work with the NBC Net Desk to determine overall coverage plans.
Spot and flag headlines from competing news organizations; monitor live feeds, off-air, and flag relevant editorial/video to control room and Weekend Seniors
Works with NBC Net Desk, coverage teams and social newsgathering team to proactively feed best video and news updates to control room and Weekend Seniors
Support Deputy Director and weekend leadership team in managing daily assignments and supporting correspondents
Transcribe video and interviews
Set up correspondent liveshots with relevant editorial and elements; write offer notes. Virtual/field produce as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent.
• 5 years of experience in live television, preferably broadcast/cable/ digital news gathering
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Ability to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends), ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to work under pressure, and during breaking news
• Prior desk/newsgathering experience preferred.
• Prior booking experience a plus.
• Demonstrated editorial judgment and sound decision making capabilities.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gme68v-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.