MSNBC is looking for an experienced Line Producer for our 8am-10am weekend show. The host is Ali Velshi.
• Create and oversee rundowns.
• Guide the timing of the show, both in iNews as segments are being written and in the control room during the show.
• Write news scripts and teases.
• Check in guests during the show in the control room or remotely via VCOM.
• Oversee all in-show graphics and story titles.
• Pitch segment and guest ideas.
• Serve as backup senior producer.
• Communicate with the assignment desk on reporter requests and breaking news.
• Be available on group chat throughout the workday as rundown and guest changes happen and available/quickly reachable during off-hours especially in the evenings before the show airs to help manage rundown changes and breaking news.
In Control Room:
• Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and chyron.
• Preview upcoming stories and segments.
• Communicate with guests and correspondents-time cues, roll cues, thank-you's.
• Communicate with control room staff-director, teleprompter operator, chyron operator and TPM.
• Time newscast.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television
(i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
• Must have at 1 year of line producing experience.
• Editorial experience in a fast-paced newsroom
environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to
• Experience in story-first journalism approach.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with
high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Experienced tease writer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkz51-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.