Line Producer, Weekends
New York, NY
MSNBC is looking for an experienced Line Producer to join the MSNBC Weekend team.
• Assist senior producer in creating daily broadcast by executing editorial vision of day.
• Serve as backup senior producer.
• Oversee daily rundown changes.
• Supervise editorial content of newscast.
• Use leadership skills to motivate, mentor and manage employees.
• Write news scripts and teases.
• Work with show director and production crew.
• Oversee all in-show graphics and story titles.
• Work with senior producer to approve (copy edit) all scripts.
• Pitch story ideas (day-of, next day, futures).
• Initiate planning process.
In Control Room:
• Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and chyron.
• Preview upcoming stories and segments.
• Communicate with guests and correspondents-time cues, roll cues, thank-you's.
• Communicate with control room staff-director, teleprompter operator, chyron operator and TPM.
• Time newscast.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live
television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast
• Must have at 1 year of line producing experience.
• Editorial experience in a fast-paced news room
environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to
• Experience in story first journalism approach.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories
with high potential for provocative, compelling
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Strong writing skills.
• Expert tease writer.