MSNBC is looking for an experienced Line Producer for Symone Sanders's new show.
The show will air on MSNBC Saturday and Sunday and stream on Peacock's The Choice on Monday and Tuesday.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
• Assist Senior Producer in creating daily broadcast by executing editorial vision of day.
• Serve as backup senior producer.
• Oversee daily rundown changes.
• Supervise editorial content of newscast.
• Use leadership skills to motivate, mentor and manage employees.
• Write news scripts and teases.
• Work with show director and production crew.
• Oversee all in-show graphics and story titles.
• Work with senior producer to approve (copy edit) all scripts.
• Pitch story ideas (day-of, next day, futures).
• Initiate planning process.
In Control Room:
• Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and chyrons.
• Preview upcoming stories and segments.
• Communicate with guests and correspondents-provide time cues, roll cues, thank-you's.
• Communicate with control room staff-director, teleprompter operator, chyron operator and TPM.
• Time newscast.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television
(i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
• Must have at 1 year of line producing experience.
• Editorial experience in a fast-paced news room
environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to
• Experience in story first journalism approach.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job
position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories
with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Strong writing skills.
• Expert tease writer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnp625-34-204-172-188-42 in your application.