Director, Social Impact and Philanthropy Operations
New York, NY
The Analyst, FP&A will work closely with the finance teams across MSNBC, NBC News & CNBC and have exposure to all aspects of the business. This position reports to the Director, FP&A for News Group. Primary responsibilities include portfolio financial pacing, management reporting, headcount reporting, and ownership of various SG&A costs.
Division wide financial responsibilities:
- Consolidation and communication of portfolio P&L financials for all major FP&A cycles (Budget, Estimates, LRP, monthly pacing).
- Analyze business line financial submissions to understand variances, track risks & opportunities and summarize performance.
- Prepare presentations for senior NBCU management (LRP, Budget, Estimates, CFO Monthly Reviews).
- Monitor and circulate monthly financial actuals, including executive dashboard and related key metrics.
- Headcount: Manage monthly process and quarterly reporting.
- Assist with ad-hoc analyses and presentations.
- Support various simplification / streamlining efforts.
- Own various SG&A cost budgets, directly supporting operating teams with day to day financial support.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance,
Economics or related field.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, particularly in
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to deliver while working under time pressure on
(note job #:).
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
- Ability to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical ability and detail oriented.
- A team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter.