The Choice from MSNBC is looking for an experienced Executive Producer to lead the development of editorial content and production of a new soon to be announced show. This position will be responsible for shaping and advancing our journalism, original storytelling and unique perspectives into a compelling program.
• Lead the editorial planning and direction of daily show.
• Produce daily content that advances the story.
• Respond and act on breaking news and live events to inform audience.
• Manage team and host to produce programming in a creative manner.
• Train editorial producers and production staff on best journalism practices.
• Work with anchors, correspondents and producers to create exciting content.
• Final review and sign off on vision, content, editorial planning process and daily operations of the show.
• Copy edit scripts and content.
• Set show for audience growth.
• Manage editorial relationships to collaborate with larger teams.
• Lead as control room supervisor.
• 8 years of experience leading production on a successful
• 3 years of experience managing a team.
• Editorial experience in a fast-paced news room
environment, ability to anticipate and
respond quickly to change.
• Experience in story-first journalism approach.
• Experience fostering a culture of creative output.
• Experience developing hosts and producer talent.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including
• Strong familiarity with MSNBC and NBC News
• Strong team leadership and cross-departmental
• Sound journalistic judgment.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure
and meet multiple daily
• Experience in digital news.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67000-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.