MSNBC is hiring an experienced Executive Producer to lead our 3p ET MSNBC Reports program. The hired candidate will be responsible for running a journalistically powerful show that grows our audience and succeeds in the mission of MSNBC News Programming – breaking news, fact-based reporting, clarity, objectivity & fairness and authenticity.
• Lead the editorial planning and direction of daily show.
• Produce daily content that advances our journalism.
• Respond and act on breaking news and live events to inform audience.
• Manage the existing team and anchor to produce creative, compelling programs.
• Grow the audience.
• Maintain the high standards of MSNBC and NBC News.
• Review and sign off on vision, content, editorial planning process and daily operations of the show.
• Copy edit scripts and content.
• Manage editorial relationships to collaborate with the larger news programming team.
• Lead as the show's control room editorial supervisor.
• Work with peers and executive leaders to improve the news programming systems, workflows and processes.
• 8 years of experience leading production on a successful program.
• 3 years of experience managing a team.
• Editorial experience in a fast-paced news room environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
• Experience in story-first journalism approach.
• Experience fostering a culture of creative output.
• Experience developing hosts and producer talent.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Strong familiarity with MSNBC and NBC News standards.
• Strong team leadership and cross-departmental collaborative skills.
• Sound journalistic judgment.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines.
• Experience in digital news.