New York, NY
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
We're looking for an experienced editor to help grow MSNBC's dynamic opinion section. You will work closely with a senior editor and deputy editor as part of a team to edit columns that drive the conversation and attract new audiences. You will have excellent judgment, a deep understanding of journalistic standards and a track record that proves you can hew to the standards of the NBCU News Group.
You will have superb editing skills and demonstrated success in a fast-tempo newsroom. You will report to an MSNBC digital deputy editor.
What you will do:
• Edit opinion journalism created for MSNBC digital
• Work closely with a senior editor and others across MSNBC to publish compelling, creative, unique opinion journalism
• Contribute to the MSNBC Daily newsletter
• Liaise with NBC News & MSNBC art director, social, platforms and product teams
• Make full use of the range of NBCU News Group resources including newsgathering, multimedia and broadcast journalists
• Establish and meet NBCU News Group's rigorous Standards and Legal guidelines
• Ensure the tone and mix of content is in line with MSNBC cable
• Read widely and stay abreast of the competition
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years work in a newsroom environment, including
experience with breaking news
• 2+ years working in a strictly digital shop
• Willingness to work early morning hours
• Demonstrated experience with assigning and editing stories
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Must be a skilled editor with outstanding communication
• Must be professional, nimble and successful working
across newsroom teams, platforms and with partners
• Ideally based in New York City or Washington, DC
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkk5k-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.