MSNBC is looking for an experienced Booking Producer for Morning Joe.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
• Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
• Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests.
• Arrange interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
• Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas.
• Works with technical managers in arranging studio logistics for live and taped interviews.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television, preferably cable news, including researching information and tracking down guests.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Sound journalistic and news judgment, political experience and strong writing skills.
• Strong Rolodex.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be detail-oriented and exhibits grace under pressure in the breaking news environment and meets multiple daily deadlines.
• Looking for team players who are self-starters and can troubleshoot logistical issues.
• Creative thinkers who bring new ideas to news stories.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d208n2-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.