MSNBC is looking for an experienced Associate Booking Producer for our weekend afternoon show anchored by Yasmin Vossoughian. This is a short term role with no current end date, minimum 3 month assignment.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts, and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
• Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests
• Assist in coordinating guest arrivals and communicate with control room and studio
• Arrange phone interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
• Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas
• Must have a bachelor's degree
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in live
television, preferably cable news, including researching
information and tracking down guests
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Willingness to work overtime, early mornings and on
weekends with short notice
• Some travel may be required for field booking/producing
• Sound journalistic judgment and strong writing skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Strong knowledge of social media
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure
and meet multiple daily deadlines
• Knowledge of Avid/Media Central and iNews preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1qe0-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.