MSNBC is looking for an Associate Booking Producer for The Choice, with host Mehdi Hasan.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
• Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts, and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
• Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests
• Assist in coordinating guest arrivals and communicate with control room and studio
• Arrange phone interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
• Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas
• Write introductions, questions and occasional scripts leading into guests
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in live
television, preferably cable news, including researching
information and tracking down guests.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Sound journalistic judgment and strong writing skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Strong knowledge of social media
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure
and meet multiple daily deadlines
• Knowledge of Avid/Media Central and iNews preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w9o7-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.