MSNBC is looking for an Associate Booking Producer for our 1P show with Chris Jansing.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts, and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests
Assist in coordinating guest arrivals and communicate with control room and studio
Arrange phone interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in live
television, preferably cable news, including researching
information and tracking down guests.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Sound journalistic judgment and strong writing skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Strong knowledge of social media
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure
and meet multiple daily deadlines
• Knowledge of Avid/Media Central and iNews preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxq3bq-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.