TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN ONTARIO
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Raised by Wolves, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
The Producer is the manager for the show delivery team, overseeing budget, financials and all aspects of production to ensure delivery of an expected strong standard and on time. They act as the face of Mr.X to the client, responsible for delivering the expected service standard as well as negotiating our financial compensation post award and facilitating the production's schedule requirements within Mr.X.
All producers require a basic financial understanding, an aptitude for project management, in depth experience in scheduling and an ability to manage diverse groups of people and foster strong team bonds.
Client requests, budget management, various deliveries, etc can be challenging at times requiring someone who has grace, tenacity and perseverance to cope within a demanding environment.
• Client Accountability. Proactively foster strong client dialogue/communication at all times.
• Clear direct in client reviews – delivering narrative and commentary that allows others to understand what is required moving forward.
• Financial accountability. Understands financial targets and delivers plans to meeting them including timely and accurate bidding.
• Exploits opportunities for growth and profitability in order to overachieve.
• Aids clean and up-to-date accounting (e.g. revenue forecasting, invoicing)
• Proposes ways in which shows can run more economically, partnering with Finance on this.
• Project management. Ensures reports are reliable, timely and complete. (e.g. Ones, Quota, Client Report).
• Leads weekly show delivery meeting with members of Senior Management, ensuring accurate data is presented and escalating accordingly on missed quota and changes to schedules and quotas.
• Follows through on actions from delivery and escalation meetings. Holds delivery team to account on theirs
• Managing team. Sets the tone for Production team, acting professionally and responsibly at all times and offering mentorship and on-the-job training wherever possible including new Producers.
• Sends regular show-wide communications to update the crews on achievements such as trailer deliveries, weekly finals attainment etc.
• Helps to cultivate a productive and healthy culture, resonating the Mr.X values.
• Client facing – it is essential to be confident, clear and calm with all clients, and possess an ability to 'read the room'. The faculties to steer conversations to a constructive outcome, maintaining diplomacy and professionalism, whilst creating a pleasant, warm and productive working relationship are critical
• Scheduling – there should be a proven ability to schedule work of a complex nature, especially within the VFX space, with a thorough understanding of quota-based tracking and forecasting
• Adaptability – the will to shift gears mentally and deal with both ambiguity and fluidity, whilst supporting and leading others through the same is essential
• Finance – understanding budgeting, analysing bids vs. actuals and spend vs. completion, and costing work relative to scope and within the competitive marketplace are skills which should be well attuned, as well as a basic grasp of profit and loss
• Commercial acumen – strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer. Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims of the business is important
• Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation and how to motivate large teams directly and indirectly
• Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge of the VFX industry, trends in consumption and market activity are looked for
• Coaching and mentoring – Whether local Supervisors, junior colleagues or piers, you will be proficient in developing skills, building stronger project leaders and fostering the right culture
• Organisational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands and delegate appropriately are key
• Trust – a trusted confidante on senior talent management, financial management and new business opportunities
• Calm composure – client requests, various deadlines and high pressure, must be able to have a strong constitution for what can be demanding situations.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Technical proficiency in Windows operating system
• Must have Expert knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel, Shotgun, FileMaker and to learn proprietary studio tools quickly and effectively
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience working in a VFX environment
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.