TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN MONTREAL
Since its founding in 2001 with the sole purpose to ''make movies with our friends'', MR. X has grown to become a truly global VFX brand. With studio locations across three continents and four countries, employing north of 1500 artists and staff, we've been entrusted by some of the worlds most respected filmmakers, showrunners, and studio executives in delivering VFX for film and series episodic productions. Mr. X is headquartered in Canada with locations in Toronto, Montreal, Los Angeles, Adelaide and Bangalore.
Notable credits include Roma, The Shape of Water, Da 5 Bloods, Raised by Wolves, American Gods, WandaVision and Mortal Kombat.
Mr. X is looking for an experienced Senior Marketing & Comms Manager, based in our studios in either Toronto or Montreal. This role will be critical in helping drive the continued success of the brand which recently expanded locations across the globe. The role will report directly into the Global Head of Marketing for Technicolor's Film, Episodic & Animation division, to devise and deliver marketing and comms strategies, promoting the companies VFX work on feature and episodic titles, for a range of clients.
What you'll do:
• Work with the Global Marketing Director to define the global marketing strategy for Mr. X
• Develop and implement marketing/comms strategies to promote shows, talent, and technology to raise the profile of the studio globally
• Oversee the creation of marketing and PR assets including showreels, images, press ads and filmed interviews
• Develop relationships with journalists, identifying feature and interview opportunities with both print and digital mainstream and trade press across genres
• Produce press releases, statements, and articles for a variety of online and offline outlets
• Oversee the Mr. X digital channels including social media platforms and website
• Manage submissions for industry awards
• Produce showreels for studio promotion, bidding, and awards
• Organize key-note speaker slots for our artists at film events and conferences.
• Work closely with talent and sales teams to ensure all press interviews and event presentations are on brand
• Manage and track the overall marketing budget and activate spend across all studios
• Be a brand guardian for Mr. X, ensuring all presentations, marketing collateral and documentation is always on brand
• Build and sustain relationships with key clients and collaborate with studio marketing teams
• Identify strategic opportunities to raise the profile of the business
• Manage support roles at key locations to activate campaigns locally
• Joint responsibly in managing group level social media and marketing roles, to assist in delivering campaigns
What you'll need:
• A good understanding of marketing and communications in Film, Broadcast or Tech
• Contact lists of influential film and entertainment journalists and tastemakers
• An understanding of trends in the media industry
• Strong written and presentation skills
• Innovative and forward thinking, keeping up with the latest in digital and media trends
• Self-starter with a good sense of prioritization and hands on approach, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
• A passion for entertainment and technology
• Experience working with clients
• Highly creative
• Highly organized; skilled at multi-tasking and prioritizing workload
• Enthusiastic and flexible
• Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Preferred Photoshop, Indesign and video editing tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkyn5-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.