Under the guidance and supervision of the Global Head of Technology, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting, developing, maintaining, and operating top of the line, high-end infrastructure containing hundreds of servers, PB of high-performance enterprise networking and storage, with a heavy emphasis on Linux administration.
We are looking for someone with a SRE/DevOps mindset, multitasker, out of the box thinker, to add to our team of dynamic systems administrators. If you like a challenge and want to learn and experience hands on work on many technologies, this is the place.
• Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systemd based linux systems.
• Administer and manage high-performance enterprise networking, storage platforms, and systems
• Administrate Linux servers and workstations, assist with the same for MacOS and Windows.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
• Coordinate and effectively communicate with multiple global technology support teams
• Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast current and future technology requirements
• Identify and remediate bottlenecks [network/storage/etc.], enterprise-wide
• Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups
• Manage the data center power and cooling systems
• Communicate with operations staff surrounding technology issues
• Proven experience supporting a hybrid desktop and server environments.
• Years of Linux/UNIX administration experience in a corporate, production or research environment.
• Familiarity of VFX/media production environments would be a plus.
• Working understanding of Active Directory, Microsoft solutions and methods.
• Experience with puppet, PXE, 802.1x, docker, DNS, kurbanaties, vSphere
• Knowledge of switching networks & associated protocols
• Understanding of NAS,FC,DAS,SAN and emerging storage technologies.
• Knowledge of scripting languages, such as Python, Bash and PowerShell.
• Ability to operate within and foster a team environment.
• Decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Communication, ability to explain complex systems in simple terms.
• Working with other departments to understand needs.
• Work within tight deadlines.
• Good communication skills
• Time management, availability to do after hours and weekend work when necessary.
Please note: Remote work is an option for this position. However, the idea candidate will need to be on site when required.