Lead Creature FX (CFX)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN ONTARIO
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
Creature FX Artists sets up skin, muscle, cloth, hair and fur on our hero-creatures. Tasked primarily to develop and design tools and setups associated with a variety of creature complex deformations, CFX Artists are a balance of technical and creative who are capable of scripting pipeline tools to streamline our shot-making processes.
Work closely with Supervisors to develop tools and workflows associated with creature simulations.
Develop new techniques and processes to solve unique and technical creature production challenges.
Create creature, simulation and shot based setups which maintain/contain character motion and deformation systems; secondary dynamics systems.
Perform shot tasks such as finaling, cloth setup, cloth sims, hair setup, hair sims and various RBD setups and sims.
Collaborate with Asset, Rigging, and Animation teams to develop effective and efficient physically-based simulation assets and rigs.
Work with production management to prioritize tasks.
Lead by example, foster a good working atmosphere and ethics.
Creature FX Lead Essentials:
• Knowledge of Houdini, Maya, and Nuke
• Knowledge of a variety of solvers used for cloth and hair techniques
• Knowledge of physically based simulation techniques and how they relate to film
• Experience with finagling and PSD workflows
• Passionate about building and leading teams of creatives
• Ability to make decisions to drive progress on a project
• Ability to solve complex problems and determine solutions
• Ability to innovate new methodologies to streamline workflows
• Ability to collaborate and engage with other department leads for efficient communication
• Ability to work with and organized complex, physically-based assets
• Experience with setting up a production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
• Strong artistic aptitude with a discipline in hyper-realism as opposed to perceptual representationalism
• Strong understanding of physics and mathematics
• The ability to support themselves and take initiative
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Phyton and MEL scripting experience, HDK and C++ welcome
• Knowledge of Ziva
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Preferable 2 years of production experience
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At MR X we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8w4w-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.