TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN TORONTO
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
Our FX Artists gather a variety of 3D assets produced by our Layout and Animation departments and creating rigid body, particle and fluid simulations. If you have a passion for FX and can use Houdini, then we want to hear from you!
• Experience lighting and rendering with Mantra and Renderman
• Ability to quickly master proprietary effects and pipeline tools
• Ability to design, self-direct, and organize your work
• Strong communication skills and must be able to work well within a team
• Exercise a high level of focus and skill in a fast-paced production environment
• Ability to perform visual and analytical problem-solving
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Ability to script in Python, C++ and HDK
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• At least 2 years of feature film production experience working with Houdini, Maya and/or Nuke
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At MR X we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.