TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN MONTRÉAL
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
The Executive Producer reports to the Managing Director. The Executive Producer oversees the smooth operation of the shows as well as the management of producers, client relationships and the shows – and ultimately the studio, and brand - financial status as well as being involved in the direction and growth of the local studio.
SHOW PLANNING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
• Oversees show progress and show budgets.
• Reviews financial progress of shows and reports to MD on status.
• Accomplishes subsidiary show objectives by establishing and collaborating on budgets, delivery quotas, efficiency metrics, resource allocation, schedules, course corrections.
• Works with Head of Production, Creative Operations and workforce planning to ensure proper resourcing and team allocation for all shows.
• Works with show producers to ensure show scheduling is accurate and accounted for.
• Works with production and creative teams to ensure that deliverables are met within agreed budgets/targets.
• Works with show producers and supervisors to ensure client directives and deliverables are being achieved.
• Regularly meets with show producers and supervisors to understand show progress and deliverables.
• Cascades company messaging and provides key role in change management programs, as necessary.
• Maintains overall view of resource for projects, including coordinating with HR on the impact of employment contracts.
• Manages bidding process.
• Works with sales team to support business development leads for local site, as required.
• PnL reporting at FEV level where necessary
• Negotiates legal/contracts and ensure they are progressed to execution
• Ensures invoicing and cash collection is prioritized
• Responsible for key client relationships and liaison, including Producers and Studio figures
• Negotiates major changes to schedules and awards,
• Sometimes works as Producer on a small show, or covers until show team is onboard
• Ensures timely communication and clarity to clients in financial and schedule matters
• Helps to ensure that the correct senior talent is assigned to shows
• Where necessary, act as a liaison for senior creative talent and clients
• Works closely with VFX Supervisors to balance client needs with internal team management, and coaches on strategic approach where necessary
• Maintains and furthers the profile of MrX within the VFX community locally and in the worldwide market
• Works with Finance team to support client tax credit application
• Directly responsible for VFX Producers
• Works with fellow EP's to ensure that working practices are in alignment
• Accountable to clients for high-level oversight of all local projects
• Works closely with MD and local Senior Management Team
• Identify and develop next generation of talent with SMT
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 5 years' experience as a VFX Producer in a Tier 1 or 2 VFX business.
• Strong working knowledge of bidding in Featured VFX and/or Episodic content.
• Capacity to oversee, analyze and maintain a budget.
• Solid planning and scheduling experience in a fast-paced environment, deadline driven creative environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in varying stages while maintaining a high quality of work.
• Proven ability to excel in a constantly changing environment, manages uncertainy.
• Ability to use data to influence, challenge the status quo and reinvent the way we work.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships based on trust.
• Resilience and/or ability to cope with and rise to the inevitable challenges, problems and setbacks and come back stronger from them.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment.
• Creative problem solver aptitude.
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure and/or through difficult times.
• Ability to develop others, mainly junior staff requiring support on both technical skills and people skills
• Strong sense of team dynamics, and capacity to lead by example to support crew in a positive morale generating style.
• Solid emotional intelligence aptitudes.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkypm-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.