Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
Building on our production workflows, the Rigging TD is responsible for setting up and maintaining complex creature rigs, as well as supporting following pipeline steps.
Tasked with developing and designing the tools and setups to tackle the challenges associated with a variety of complex creature setups. Our Rigging TDs balance technical and creative prowess, capable of scripting pipeline tools to streamline our shot-making processes as well as finessing a final shot sculpt.
Develop new techniques and processes to solve unique and technical creature production challenges.
Create creature setups that support and enhance simulation (cloth, hair, muscle, etc.)
Perform shot tasks such as finaling, and under the direction of the Creature FX team, simulations such as cloth, hair and muscle.
Collaborate with the Asset, Rigging, Animation, and Creature FX teams to develop effective and efficient physically-based simulation assets and rigs.
Work with production management to prioritize tasks.
Lead by example, foster a good working atmosphere and ethics.
- In depth knowledge of Maya. Knowledge of Maya cloth and hair techniques would be a bonus
- Preferably 3+ years of production experience
- Strong understanding of both Facial and Figure Anatomy - biped and quadruped
- Complex character/vehicle rigging experience in Maya in film/broadcast
- Experience with finaling and PSD workflows
- Ability to work with and organize complex, physically-based assets
- MEL, Python scripting experience, C++ welcome
- Knowledge of Houdini, Ziva, Mudbox and/or Zbrush would be a bonus
- Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
- Strong artistic aptitude with a discipline in hyper-realism as opposed to perceptual representationalism
- Strong understanding of physics and mathematics
- The ability to support himself/herself and take initiative.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.