Asset Technical Director
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Raised by Wolves, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
Job title: Compositing Supervisor
Reports to: Head of CG
As Compositing Supervisor you will determine best approach to solve compositing challenges and develop final look,
• Assist the Head of Department with:
• developing and documenting best practices
• recruiting and vetting candidates
• interdepartmental collaboration efforts
• guiding artists' professional development - continually assessing artist skill levels and aptitudes, providing performance feedback, mentoring, etc.
• developing and delivering training programs
• organizing and conducting departmental post-mortems upon completion of shows
• providing artistic and technical support to Lead Compositors
• Assist the Lead Compositors and Production teams with:
• bidding, planning, forecasting, etc.
• look development of projects
• solving technical issues, designing workflows, etc.
• providing artistic and technical support to artists
• Within the compositing department, ensure adherence to:
• established best practices
• highest aesthetic standards
• Lead show teams of compositors, as required
• 6+ years leading compositing teams for film or high-end TV/Streaming
• advanced knowledge of Nuke and all aspects of compositing
• ability to composite high-complexity, creatively challenging shots or lookdev
• ability to lead and mentor a team
• strong written and oral communication skills
• familiarity with Linux and bash/tcsh scripting is an asset
• familiarity with Python scripting/Nuke gizmos/NDK is an asset
• advanced knowledge of filmmaking / photography is an asset
• on-set supervision experience is an asset
• familiarity with Houdini and Renderman is an asset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq8w1-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.