MR. X is a VFX studio composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
The Asset Technical Director is a developer who creates and maintains tools to support artists working in a VFX pipeline. This person works directly with leads, supervisors and the Department Head to design and build tools, support department and show-specific workflows and streamline our asset creation processes.
We are looking for a candidate with an excellent grasp of VFX processes and pipeline as well as an enthusiasm to learn quickly - a background in creative application of computer programming is ideal.
• Design and develop tools, leveraging core domain expertise in one or more DCCs and VFX departments.
• Play a large role in supporting and improving our existing software stack.
• Mentor mid-level and junior TDs in digital pipeline development.
• Identify issues and develop new tools and techniques that improve flexibility and control for artists managing complex scenes and asset hierarchies.
• Work with the department head and leads to support the artists.
• Work with artists to resolve issues and solve problems before they escalate
Skills and Experience
• Proven years of experience as a TD or technical artist in the VFX or feature animation industry.
• Expertise in one or more major dcc API's, including Maya, Houdini, and/or Nuke.
• Expertise in python including the standard library, and the Qt Toolkit (pyside, pyqt).
• Experience with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Experience with USD based pipeline development a plus.
• Experience with color theory, virtual production, machine learning, web development and/or cloud rendering, a plus.
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
• Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p6xv-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.