TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
The production compliance discipline ensures that the organization's performance is driven by the procedures and guidelines established by the company. To achieve that, the department sets up internal controls and audits, determines action plans to solve problem related to conformity, implements changes to existing policies or new ones, provides comprehensive training, and leads reporting initiatives.
Supporting the Head of Production Compliance and interfacing with the various Production stakeholders, the Production Compliance Coordinator plays a key role within this context, as the gatekeeper of the protocols that foster clarity, consistency, and efficiency. Ensures that the department members consistently follow the project management processes in force, through the monitoring, reporting and feedback in relation to those routines. Works on the development, improvement, and/or automation of production reports, as well as on the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) related to it. The PCC is also an accessible, reliable, and agile source of information and guidance to the production team, facilitating their understanding of the requirements and boosting their adherence to the workflow.
Environment and Culture
The ideal candidate should show a culture of high performance and foster positive and professional relationships, while adapting to the speed of change and the fluctuations required by the business complexity. The candidate should be able to perform in a volatile, uncertain, and ambiguous work environment, which means, presenting the resilience levels to function and manage its stress in this employment condition.
• Management Highly organized and analytical; good use of initiative and decision-making; autonomous; adept in skillfully juggling tasks; ability to work effectively in a fast- paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results
• Communication Honest and attentive; good listening skills; good presentation and written/verbal comms; good at and open to teaching others.
• Curiosity Likes to investigate; always interested on knowing how things work, curious about new tools (especially for automation);
Detail oriented Sees value in order and processes, appreciates, and delivers accuracy, able to predict how details can influence the functioning of a system.
• Problem Solving Likes to detect and solve problems; creative approach to solve challenging situations; forward-planning; a critical thinker who loves to make things better.
• People Person Team player who can build relationships and work with diverse teams; collaborative and approachable, but able to be firm when needed.
• Run production compliance audits(recurring or on demand)
• Output production compliance reports using MS Excel (or MS Power BI)
• Maintain paper work and project information for audit needs.
• Investigate tools for automation to optimize Production/Compliance tasks
• Monitor adherence to key production routines,following up on non-compliant items
• Create or improve reports in MS Excel(or MS Power BI)
• Coordinate the development and user adoption of MS Power BI dashboards
• Ad hoc reporting requests from Senior and Executive Management.
• Provide training to the production team on compliance related topics
• Guidance/onboarding of production users (existing or new comers)
• Experience of relevant experience within a fast-paced environment
• MS Excel proficiency required (large data files, power queries, tables, advanced formulas)
• Microsoft suite proficiency required (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint)
• Experience in VFX scheduling with Shotgun is a great advantage.
• Knowledge in MS Power BI and/or Power Automate is a great advantage too.
• Experience in Project Management, Accounting, Audit or Compliance is a bonus.
• Previous work experience at a large facility is another bonus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d872o6-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.