The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years, with established facilities across the globe.
We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of Production Services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros, providing tailor-cut, high end services for the world's best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
The Technical Operations department at MPC is responsible for all operational tasks relating to the acquisition, organization, tracking, duplication, conversion and delivery of moving images at the highest technical and creative quality. The department works alongside the Creative, Production and Technology teams, managing the data / digital workflows to provide an efficient and accurate service which is a key part of MPC's success.
The Technical Operations Apprentice role is an exciting new venture aimed at individuals looking to make their first steps into the world of post-production. The successful candidate will become a Junior member of our London Technical Operations team, and will be placed onto the Post Production Technical Operator Apprenticeship Scheme. This is a 12 month program designed to introduce the fundamental concepts of working in a Post Production environment. These include…
• Video technology
• Audio technology
• Metadata and timecode
• Codecs and files
• Edit assistant operations
• Networks and storage
• Data conforming and finishing
• Quality control
• Legacy technology and archive material
• Working practices
As an apprentice, you will be involved with 80% on-the-job training with MPC plus 20% off-the-job learning from the registered and approved training provider.
Further information on the scheme can be found at https://www.lsbu.ac.uk/study/course-finder/post-production-technical-operator-apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established Technical team with a proven track record of training individuals from novices to become industry professionals.
• Apprentices will normally have a relevant level 3 qualification such as Media Studies.
• Apprentices must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including minimum C in Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
• Previous VFX industry experience would be beneficial, but is not essential.
• Good communication and problem-solving skills.
• A team player who works well with others.
• Self-motivated with a proactive approach to learning new skills. Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good attention to detail.
• Keen to begin a career in VFX, even if unsure which path that might take.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7b52-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.