Moving Picture Company
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for 25 years, with established facilities across the globe. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC has been at the forefront of Realtime and Virtual Production for years, with those efforts participating in Oscar nomation and wins, and we're renewing our efforts to remain at the bleeding edge of those offerings for our clients as we face a full slate of high profile awards for 2021 and 2022.
This position is specifically targeted at joining the team that will trail-blaze our revamped Virtual Production and Viz toolkit for the Lion King 2, and porting those to our core tool kit
• Hands on implementation of VP tools and shared tool back-end work in support of both asset authoring and asset management
• Work with a Team Lead and the Head of Pipeline to inform, design and/or implement solutions, for the global pipeline strategy
• Work with a Team Lead and internal clients to track, design and/or implement solutions for business unit specific deployments of the global strategy
• Guide and/or mentor more junior members of the team
• Contribute to coordination, tracking, and communication of progress, issues and forecasts within the team and across multiple sites
• Contribute documentation and demonstration internally to the team and to internal clients
• Make significant contributions to the vision and workflow that will shape the most modern services and ambitious tool kit in the industry
• At least 7 years of experience in a technical role in a media/content centric industry (VFX / AA or AAA Games etc.)
• At least 2 of those years in a senior role
• Degree in a STEM field, or Technical Animation, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge
• Strong knowledge and dexterity developing in C++
• Ability to operate and develop for a game engine and its editor. Unreal preferred but Unity or Proprietary alternatives will be considered
• Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environment
• Experience with at least one major DCC and its API (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Familiar with structured development practices (Version Control, issue management, progress tracking)
• Strong communication skills towards both a technical/developer audience and technical artists
• Understanding and appreciation for UX, and the ability to demonstrate and iterate ideas through prototypes that might include a GUI
• Keen and able to work in a production centric, responsive and fast paced environment
• Experience with an asset friendly source and version control system, Perforce preferred.
• Experience profiling and debugging around performance issues, and opti
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo82q-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.