Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
MPC's global network of artists is constantly innovating to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide.
• High consistent standard of quality and speed
• Finds ways to improve the sequence, not just individual shot. More dynamic action and/or emotion of shot is great, but sometimes simple changes have an even bigger impact.
• Offers story suggestions, but understands client limitations
• High level of knowledge of camera and lenses
• Excels at lens flare, glow and shadow cards
• Able to modify more complex models and textures to complement their shots
• Able to create simple models and textures to complement their shots
• High level of animation, fx, camera, comping and lighting
• Rigging: basic knowledge and problem solving capabilities (does not mean you must create new custom rigs)
• Ability to operate independently with little or no supervision at all while producing a large amount of work
• Proven ability to assist newer artists that are working alongside them
• Starting to anticipate client revisions before they are given
• Able to identify and communicate potential problems clearly to the Lead/Supervisor accurately before they become a concern for the client, as well as offer solutions
• Planning and organizing – ability to work on a number of priorities and turn around shots in a timely manner
• As a Previs Senior – you should have basic knowledge of Postvis comparable to a Junior to Mid level Postvis Artist or above.
Shot quota expectation:
2-4 Simple shots per day / OR 1-2 medium complex shots per day / OR 1 complex shot per day / OR 1 extremely complex shot every 1- 2 days.
• Expert in Rotoscoping
• Expert in Matchmoving
• Strong understanding of Camera Data and lenses
• Understands Edge Processing of mattes for better integration of elements
• Understands creative ways to take the ''edge'' off of CG renders
• Is able to showcase creative problem solving on problematic shots the client wants to use.
• Can composite complicated shots
The details above provide an outline of the skills and experience we are looking out for. Within our artist team structure, we have a range of positions. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
During our recruitment process we will be assessing where your skills and experience best fit.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5m5yz-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.