The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years and counting, with established facilities across the globe. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and The Martian, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of VFX brands and services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros to provide offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project. Within this collective, MPC has built a reputation for industrial-scale production of images, and the software development to enable this.
About The Team and Our Work
We have an opening for a Mid-level Software Developer for our Compositing R&D team in Bangalore. Here you will be part of highly committed and expert team working towards advancement of our post production pipeline. As a Mid developer you will be expected to make significant contributions towards the advancement of our post production pipelines.
• Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
• Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
• Work with teams cross site in the development of Creative tools for a multisite studio
• At least 5 years of experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
• Knowledge of Python and QT.
• Intermediate knowledge of key VFX application APIs – Nuke and Nuke Studio
• Strong understanding of Compositing workflows.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Experience using development best practices and source control systems like git.
• Experience designing simple UX for complex back end functionality.
• Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88y7q-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.