Mid Artist - Animation
Moving Picture Company
As Digital Matte Painter you will be responsible for creating matte paintings, set extensions or concepts, which are either standalone or integrated into both photo-real and stylised live-action environments.
• Should take ownership of the tasks and coordinate with relevant departments to make the process smooth and effective.
• Should work closely with Juniors and Supervisors.
• Should be a team player who is ready to share and learn.
• Candidates should possess a BFA or equivalent art degree.
• Strong image manipulation and other related skills.
• Strong artistic skills, like perspective, lighting, and coloring.
• Strong visualization skills, with the ability to create quick alternatives/options to get concept/thoughts across.
• Projection and camera tracking skills in 3D software (Maya) or Nuke.
• Effective communication and interaction with teams
Any of the following skills is a bonus:
• Previous experiences in international Advertising business.
• Expertise in 3D skill sets like Modeling, sculpting, texturing.
• Knowledge or expertise in compositing in Nuke.
• Extra exposure in storyboarding or classical animation.
Any of the following is a great advantage:
• Problem solver, enthusiast towards working within the VFX industry.
• A team player and open to discuss, share and propose creative ideas/approaches among teams and leads.