Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
MPC's global network of artists is constantly innovating to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide.
Lighting artists produce high-quality lighting and rendering for our CG scenes
You'll be engaging at every stage of production including pre-visualization of complicated sequences, look development, and research and development. You'll optimize and troubleshoot lighting and rendering problems in a fast-paced environment.
Working closely with CG Supervisors/Leads, lighting artists determine best approaches to solve 3D challenges and develop final looks.
Lighting artists also work closely with compositors to finish selected shots so that computer generated elements are seamlessly integrated with live-action plates.
If you have a passion for lighting, then we want to hear from you!
• Experience with Houdini
• Strong knowledge of rendering techniques
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Intermediate-level compositing experience (Nuke)
• Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks
• Experience with Renderman, Redshift, and/or Mantra
• Experience with Houdini Digital Assets, VOPS and VEX
• Experience with Python scripting
• Experience with Texture Painting, 3D Modeling or Look Development
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Ability to manage personal as well as team milestones and deadlines
• Previous experience in a VFX environment
• Strong communication skills are critical. Candidate must be able to work within a team, taking direction and exercising attention to detail in a fast-paced production environment
• Knowledge of photography, lighting and composition
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. We have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpe9z9-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.