Systems Administrator, Mid
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years, with established facilities across the globe.
We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of Production Services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros, providing tailor-cut, high end services for the world's best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
This is a Lead software role that contributes across the Technicolor portfolio by architecting and implementing 'enterprise scale' solutions that are supporting technologies which underpin our visual effects shows and pipelines.
• Design, architect and build cutting edge tools, workflows and technologies while maintaining existing infrastructure
• Manage initiatives and execute tasks in collaboration with local and remote team members
• Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems
• Communicate tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team
• Champion of best development and automation practices
• Proven experience in software development
• Experience leading a team of developers.
• Knowledge of Python, and C++
• Extensive experience with DevOps stack from implementation to maintenance
• Extensive experience with git and GitHub
• Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
• Experience building and maintaining build automation, system configuration automation and build test automation
• Experience administrating and supporting infrastructure for high load and large number of users and tasks
• Understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
• Ability to work in a flexible and changing environment
• A passion to automate everything
• Extremely organized with good communication and documentation skills
• Excellent attention to detail, and ability to analyze complex problems and workflows
• Deadline orientated with ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment