The Junior Software Developer will be responsible for improving MPC Bangalore's experience with both proprietary and third party software, but will also have significant opportunity to contribute to the core visual effects pipeline used globally by MPC Advertising.
The developer will provide a broad range of support ranging from modifying job configurations to debugging complex python code, to creating new tools and systems from scratch with direction. They will communicate local studio needs to the rest of the global software team and ensure that the studio is compliant with best practices.
• Developing visual effects pipeline tools
• Contributing to asset and production management systems
• Working with visual effects artists and other developers to assist production needs
• Maintaining and updating existing software
• Integrating third party tools
• Peer code review and participation in global software team activities
• Degree in computer science or similar
• Experience with Python, C++, shell scripting
• Experience using Linux (or other Unix-like) operating system
• Experience developing with third-party APIs
• Experience using git or other version control system
• Experience with UI design and asset management
• Experience with Agile development
Desirable skills, but not essential
• Understanding of computer graphics and 3D math
• Experience with visual effects applications like Maya and Nuke
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb9m3-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.