Maya Pipeline TD
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years and counting, with established facilities across the globe. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to films, advertising, and other entertainment. Some of our most famous projects include the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King, and 1917; and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony, and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of VFX brands and services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros to provide offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project. Within this collective, MPC has built a reputation for industrial-scale production of images, and the software development to enable this.
This is a Junior software role that contributes across the Technicolor portfolio by assisting with implementing state of the art tools for image creation and finishing. These disciplines encompass lighting, rendering, compositing, plate and movie manipulation, and review strategies for all of this.
• Work with a mix of local and remote Team Members to ensure realistic planning, scheduling, and regular deliveries of the results to internal clients
• Work with senior and lead developers to improve and conform tools and workflows to a global roadmap and to emergent show necessities
• Produce documentation and support users in the maintenance phase, and contribute to demonstrations during exploratory phases
• Contribute to the development of new methods and tools aimed at optimizing the quality and speed of CG rendering
Skills and Experience
• Experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
• Strong understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
• Knowledge of C++ and Python. Lua a bonus.
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Knowledge of key VFX application APIs: Katana, Renderman, or Nuke.
• Familiarity with modern imaging pipelines, including AOVs, deep compositing, and image formats.
• Knowledge of other VFX application APIs: Maya and Houdini.
• Experience using development best practices.
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.