Junior Artist - FX
We are looking for a talented Junior FX Artist with expert level Houdini problem solving skills to join our team to develop and produce high quality FX work that meets the challenges of productions deadlines.
• The ideal candidate should be able to solve problem and work within a given framework, while creating efficient technical workflow and troubleshoot solutions that meet the guidelines of a given production.
• Most importantly, one should engage as an enthusiastic team player and follow creative direction to assure all FX efforts achieve their visual target.
• Work closely with Lighting Artist and Compositors to ensure all effects will work smoothly within the show pipeline.
• Good level of proficiency with Houdini.
• Basic Proficiency with Nuke.
• Good understanding of the mathematical and physical concepts related to Computer Graphics.
• A good aesthetic eye for effects performance as it relates to storytelling.
• A solid work ethic and a positive mindset.
• Production experience in any 2 or all the following:
• Rigid body and Particle dynamics
• Volume modeling, animation and rendering.
• Procedural geometry/Environment generation
• Fluid dynamics
• Cloth/vellum simulation
• Crowd/murmuration/flocking simulation
• Fur/hair grooming and simulation.
• Work productively in a high-pressure environment.
• Troubleshoot and solve problems proactively and resourcefully.
• Take direction from the VFX Supervisor, Producer and FX Lead well and implement feedback with a positive attitude.
• Use VEX and/or Python with proficiency.
Any of the following is a bonus:
• Work autonomously to create realistic, directable simulations of any real-world phenomena and subjective (''magical'') effects based on reference and brief. Interpret and transform abstract ideas into compelling effects.
• Create well-organized tools, scripts, and set-ups to facilitate efficient or automated workflows that can be used by other members of the crew.
• Basic / Intermediate proficiency in maya to publish and create custom assets needed for simulation.
• Ambitious desire for self-growth, ownership, and collaboration.