Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
MPC's global network of artists is constantly innovating to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide.
As Executive VFX Supervisor, you would be responsible for the VFX Supervision team and act as a key point of contact with the creative leads on the client/production side.
You will take an overall role in leading, supporting and mentoring all of MPC Film's VFX Supervisors, helping to broaden and enrich the creative leadership within the company.
You will also be a key ambassador for MPC Film to clients outside of any primary project assignment, fostering relationships with filmmakers at the early development stages and ensuring a high level of engagement and trust between them and our in-house teams. This would include intermittent involvement on such projects after award and turnover, to ensure client expectations are met and work quality is meeting our world-renowned high standards.
Managing the team:
• Manage the recruitment, training and integration of new VFX Supervisors into the existing team in accordance with the global needs of the business
• Assign appropriate VFX Supervisors to the various projects, balancing the financial, technical and creative considerations of the task
• Nurture creative vision and technical ability within the VFX Supervision team, while ensuring balanced personal and professional development
• Assess the performance of the team through appraisals (formal as well as informal), and manage salaries and promotions within the wider considerations of the company
• Determine succession plan for VFX Supervisors by identifying career paths for high potential Leads
Strategy and technical development:
• Have a compelling strategy and vision for the future of the VFX Supervisor role
• Keep up to date with industry developments and tools
• Propose and oversee the development of new tools, workflows or techniques as required for successful and efficient delivery of shows
Show planning and delivery:
• When required, work with the supervisors and show production teams to bid or plan shots, and ensure the project methodologies, quality and schedule expectations are consistent and achievable
• Ensure that work is delivered to MPC's global standards, on time and on budget, matching the clients' expected output
• Pick up shows in early development, and hand over to assigned VFX supervisor once identified
• Work with new business to secure awards through bidding and pitches, and continue to break down the work if needed
• Build client relationships to further strengthen the reputation of the brand
• Breakdown projects in the bidding process – creating vfx breakdowns, collaborate on bidding, reviewing scripts, assigning methodologies, etc
• Desire to learn from others and to take on increasingly challenging work
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• A strong work ethic
• Team approach and the ability to take direction
• Ability to successfully delegate and manage projects
• Ability to understand client approval process
• A sense of strong team dynamics and a positive morale generating style
• Able to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
• Capability to learn and adapt quickly
• Good ability to work under pressure
• Strong creative ability and flair
• Ability to mentor and provide feedback to junior employees
• Excellent team building skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ev5v-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.