Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN BERLIN
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
Reporting to the MD, the Crew Manager is the overall people manager for the division; responsible for a variety of activities ranging from overall labour spend, day to day resourcing, employee engagement, and managing and guiding artists and employees within their department. Reporting to the Head of Studio (HoS) and working closely with Work Force Planning (WFP), Talent, Specialist Leads (SL) and Production Managers (PM), they contribute to the timely and efficient completion of shows and foster an effective working team.
The CM is also responsible for the long-term success of the department, they will partner with the Talent Team in effectively managing their people which will include performance management, career development, training, attendance and department financials.
• Be a mentor, ambassador and representative of MPC's culture and values.
• Actively drive and influence people's behaviour and actions to ensure they are aligned with the MPC Episodic values, vision and mission
• Facilitate the process to grow internal cohesion and a shared culture
• Ensure as a local manager you walk the talk
• Motivate and encourage maximum performance and dedication from your team
• Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
• Be the main communicator for the business and encourage all team members to use the tools available; ranging from insider, show meetings, Teams etc. Maintain local quality by establishing and enforcing MPC standards
• Manage the employee relationship with the artist, including being the communicator regarding key matter relating to their employment. Collaborating with Talent where relevant.
• Assume responsibility for ensuring that the disciplines and employees (where relevant) understands and adhere to the boundaries, policies and processes in which we operate
• Actively own and run team meetings by presenting, discipline, local studio and global (where relevant) information
• Responsible for local employee welfare management, conversations and reporting of artist's presence at the studio (logging of hours, time off, vacations and sickness)
• Performance management, appraisal and career progression guidance of artists in consultation with the SL and PMs, ensuring artist performance has been assessed correctly and feedback communicated.
• Ensuring this information is captured in the correct performance systems (i.e. DASH and Continuous Feedback)
• In conjunction with the SL and Talent, identify gaps and high potential employees within the team; helping to ensure we have right employees in the right place at the right time
• Manage and report on team overtime and TOIL requests with SL and Talent; ensuring that work is distributed across artist to avoid excessive hours and additional hours are managed appropriately
• Work with Production, Resourcing and Talent to manage high volume cycle of artists' contracts ending/renewals; reviewing contract end dates in the context of changing work demands and crewing options in order to communicate changes to artists.
Scheduling and Team Set Up
• Attend Sprint meetings to address quota performance and work with the show and production teams to resolve any quota-based performance issues
• Review anticipated quotas to determine resource requirements with the Producers and PMs
• Run weekly meetings with Producers to review their Ones publishes and address any challenges in resource
• Work with production and SLs to ensure Shot teams are appropriately assigned work
• In conjunction with the SL, assign individuals to shot teams and ensure team dynamics are effective
• Manage and report on team overtime and TOIL requests with SL and HR; ensuring that work is distributed across artist to avoid excessive hours and additional hours are managed appropriately
• Team planning and strategy meetings
• Contracting freelancers and vendors together with the finance team
• Manage hiring requests in line with show demand.
• Oversee recruiting activities and the hiring process for the team ensuring there is a commercial balance between skills and cost, and a fast decision-making process.
• Advise on interview/hiring processes and ensure diversity and equality KPI's are met at all times.
• Ensure all hires are process within 100% DSS spend (unless exception approved)
• Conduct interviews, and introduce effective processes for ensuring the scalability of the interviewing process as the team grows
• Work with Talent and HoS to manage salary levels and Department Salary Spreadsheet (DSS) reporting ensuring each discipline is in a cost positive position, and any proposals or decisions account for how commercially viable they are
• Plan and balance promotion and retention spend in line with external hiring
• Oversee other spend such as overtime and understand financial impact
Engagement and Proposition
• Champion a positive and creative culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects
• Propose and introduce initiatives to support the culture and values
• Manage and reward and recognition activities, ensuring that the appropriate people are selected, and it is in line with MPC's values
• Work with the HoS to adopt, embed and roll out company initiatives within the team
• Oversee the management of new starters ensuring a positive experience into the studio and team, including making sure they have the appropriate discipline on boarding to make sure that have the information/training need to perform their role
• Support MPC's external positioning by actively sharing social posts
• Manage and facilitate Episodic Lunch & Learn sessions
• Run ''Coffee with your Crew Manager'' and similar drop-in sessions encourage effective communication and opportunity for the team to have access to their Crew Manager
• Team clarity documents – i.e. new structure for TD's, introduction of Episodic Generalists.
• Reward & Recognition planning & spend
• Test new crew management tools and processes before launch and advise on challenges and solutions.
• Ensure alignment with other Brand studios to deliver on one culture.
• Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries
• Organisational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key
• Communication skills – ability to lead a team, managing diverse personalities and viewpoints; the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
• Commercial a
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o7je-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.