MPC is looking for a Color Assist to work side by side with our Color and Production team. It is the Color Assist's responsibility to develop an understanding of the Senior Colorist's technical and creative methods and will report directly to the Senior Colorist, also working closely with producers, clients and VFX teams. Candidates should have strong creative and aesthetic sensibilities and a knowledge of the whole post-production process including technical specifications of film, video and data formats.
• Conform and QC edits and prepare suites for colorist arrival and client sessions.
• Contact editorial to resolve any issues.
• Create postings for stills and viewing links.
• Manage an ever-changing list of tasks for the day.
• Facilitate any editorial changes and colorist needs throughout the session.
• Perform a thorough QC of all projects before and after render.
• Complete renders promptly after sessions as required in delivery specs.
Candidates should have:
• Relevant industry experience working as a Color Assist. A background in Advertising is a plus.
• The ability to read EDLs and flag issues.
• An in-depth knowledge of color grading workflow and techniques.
• Knowledge of the latest camera codec, color space, and file formatting specs.
• Experience working in Resolve or Lustre. Knowledge of Baselight is a big plus.
• An ability to maintain a positive attitude in high stress environments and work well under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• An ability to multitask and prioritize while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
• A flexible schedule with the availability to work overtime and some weekends.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8obz-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.