Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
MPC's global network of artists is constantly innovating to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide.
The CG Supervisor works closely with the VFX Supervisor to identify potential strategies, assess technical options and evaluate production schedules. Participates as a leader and hands-on contributor through all
stages of Pre and Post Production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the VFX Supervisor, Leads and Heads of Departments to define the creative and technical approach for the show
• Identify areas of R&D required for the show
• Work with Production to manage the day to day running of the team
• Work with Production to evaluate artist schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable
• Attend desk rounds with all members of the team on a regular basis
• Attend dailies sessions with the team to give feedback/approvals
• Meet with the Leads on the show on a regular basis to identify inefficiencies or technical problems with the toolset and pipeline, and put in place a plan of action to resolve such issues
• Ensure that all work carried out on the show fits within MPC's pipeline where possible
• A minimum of 4 years of CG leadership experience using Maya and Renderman on live-action commercial or feature film productions
• Strong working knowledge of 3D software packages and pipelines
• Excellent problem solving skills
• An experienced and honed creative eye
• Knowledge of the entire production process, including stage shooting is preferred
• Ability to successfully delegate, mentor and manage people and projects
• Ability to understand client approval process
• Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and a positive morale generating style
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyb103-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.