The Assistant Department Manager (ADM) is a Department Manager (DM) 'in training', who assists with responsibilities, can act as a substitute or periodically take over for the various local DM's. The ADM is actively involved with the overall people management of the departments; touching a variety of activities ranging from overall department labor spend, day to day resourcing, employee engagement, and managing and guiding artists and employees within their department. Reporting to the Deparment Manager and working closely with Department Heads (HoD) and Production Managers (PM), they contribute to the timely and efficient completion of shows and foster an effective working department.
The ADM is also learning to become responsible for the long-term success of a department, they will partner with the Talent Team in effectively managing people which will include performance management, career development, training, attendance and department financials.
If you are passionate about having a positive influence on people's behaviors by encouraging a team to maximize their performance and dedication, this is the perfect role for you!
Assistant Department Manager Essentials:
• Strong Project management skills
• Organizational skills
• Time management skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to manage and lead a team
• Experience with decision making within a business
• Detail oriented
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software (word, excel)
• Previous experience using scheduling tools
Any of the following experience is an advantage:
• Experience in customer service
• Knowledge of the visual effects industry
• Previous experience in project management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekyo5-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.