VFX Production Assistant
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
MPC Apprentice Film Runners are key members of our support teams who are responsible for helping ensure the smooth running of our Studios. Being a Runner at MPC is a great place to get started in VFX. If you have a passion for visual effects and are looking for your first opportunity in the industry then apply today.
MPC is a keen investor in talent & promoting within, joining our amazing production teams who provide the backbone to our VFX Studios in terms of driving through our blockbuster film projects on time and on budget is a likely route, although we have many different avenues available for our runners to pursue & will always keep you a the front of our minds when opportunities arise.
What is the role?
The Runner role at MPC is a varied, demanding yet rewarding position. No two days are the same, as you will be required to provide support in a buzzing and creative Studio environment. You'll get to know every inch of our Studio as you'll be constantly on the go which means you'll get a unique insight into how everything works as well as getting to know a wide cross-section of the staff that make up our Studio team.
• Providing a first-class hospitality service for our client visits
• Ensuring kitchen, communal areas, screening & meeting rooms are clean and tidy
• Organizing staff meals when necessary
• Supporting the production teams with ad hoc tasks
What we are looking for?
• GCSE Maths and English at grades "C" or above
• As this is an Apprenticeship unfortunately those with a university degree are not eligible
• A friendly, enthusiastic, quick thinker who is able to use their initiative.
• Someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves up and work hard, juggle multiple tasks and get things done quickly and efficiently.
• A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet softwares (e.g. word, excel).
• Knowledge of visual effects would be good but not essential.
• Able to work shifts and availability for weekend work as required.
At MPC we believe we have a responsibility to do more for our runners then simply provide a foot in the door. That's why we have partnered with a government lead apprenticeship scheme with the aim to provide training & support to improve your business skills & give you the tools you need to be successful in your career.
Upon completing this course you will gain a Business Level 3 Apprenticeship standard.
Whilst we may not have a suitable vacancy within our Running team at the time you apply we will ensure that we keep in touch for future opportunities.