Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
MPC's global network of artists is constantly innovating to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide.
The Animation Supervisor works closely with the VFX Supervisor to set the show standards, identify potential strategies, assess technical options, and evaluate production schedules. The Animation Supervisor participates as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of Pre and Post Production.
Every shot that leaves the animation department for approval on a show will first be scrutinized and approved by the Animation Supervisor. They will deliver a myriad of shots to a strict deadline as well as foresee any problems along the way.
• Responsible for the successful completion of Animation on projects
• Present and discuss work with the clients
• Identify areas of R&D required for the show
• Work with Production to manage the day-to-day running of the team
• Attend desk rounds with all members of the team on a regular basis
• Run dailies with the team to give feedback/approvals
• Meet with the Leads on a regular basis to identify and resolve challenges
• Ensure that all work carried out on the show fits within MPC's pipeline where possible
• Help bid on the animation component of the show
• Set-supervision assistance as required
• Define and split work into sequences
• Create and maintain wiki page to define Animation specific standards of show
• Assign shots to animators according to ability and sequence delineation
• Create or supervise the creation of a master shot
• Offer technical support/advice rigs and animation tools
• Ensure continuity and consistency in released shots
• Provide constant feedback on each shot to production so schedules can be updated
• Extensive technical and creative experience with Maya
• Expert understanding of the digital film pipeline
• Proven technical and creative ability in a feature-film production environment
• Expert understanding of techniques and technologies related to Animation
• An eye for character performance and realistic motion
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roz8qp-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.