Sr. Director, Streaming & Playlist Strategy
Capitol Music Group
Motown Records continues to be home to the most culturally impactful artists and partners in the world including Asiahn, City Girls, Erykah Badu, Kem, Lil Baby, Lil Yachty, Migos, Ne-Yo, The Hxliday, Tiana Major9 and Vince Staples along with Quality Control Music, Blacksmith Records and Since the 80's. For more than sixty years, Motown Records has been the ideal for Black entrepreneurs around the world – a beacon of transformative, inter-generational success led by forward-thinking leaders who introduced the world to artists including Another Bad Creation, Ashanti, Boyz II Men, Brian McKnight, DeBarge, India Arie, Queen Latifah, Michael McDonald, Marvin Gaye, The Commodores, The Jackson Five, The Supremes, The Temptations and Zhané. This is an opportunity to join an organization that has impacted culture around the world and to be part of Universal Music Group, the global-leader in music-based entertainment.
How you'll CREATE:
• Facilitate administrative and day to day basic duties including answering phones, maintaining calendars and coordinating meetings for assigned Executive
• Manage travel and expenses for assigned Executive
• Assist in Uniport approvals, invoice troubleshooting, and monitor all pending PO's
• Create and update all one sheets, timelines, quote sheets, marketing blasts and any other project-related documents
• Collect and organize all artist assets (photos, artwork, logos, music, bio, etc.) in Box folders and keep up to date
• Constant contact with production and A&R team for scheduling music & video releases
• Compile weekly interdepartmental Artist snapshots for external partners and Artist teams
• Distribute approved marketing materials and assets to internal teams and external partners
• Submit and monitor art or video requests to completion for any marketing assets needed (invites, posters, pseudo videos, etc.)
• Liaise with Video Production on pre & post-production process and final video delivery
• Conduct research, compile and analyze data, and create reports as requested
• Work with PMs and engage third party companies to create, price out, and manufacture any tools or campaigns needed for specific marketing initiatives (ex: promotional items) and oversee their delivery
• Brainstorm creative ideas to contribute to campaign rollout
• Understand, be immersed and have thorough knowledge of urban music sector with experience of urban charts, digital and social media platforms, and grassroots/street marketing
• Any additional duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• 1-2 years of administrative experience
• Strong Computer skills: Photoshop, SEO, SEM, Social media, Online Advertising, YouTube, Google and Facebook Analytics, Digital Media savvy, General online marketing knowledge
• Adobe Photoshop, PowerPoint, Keynote, in-Design, Dreamweaver, and Final Cut software experience strongly preferred. Previous experience making decks & other marketing documents.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, familiarity with Soundscan, Uniport/SAP and specific digital account dashboards
• Great social and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under high pressure and speed
• Must be flexible, able to multi-task and manage time effectively juggling multiple priorities
• Experience in and passion for Urban Marketing, preferably in the music industry
• Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on evolving workload
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• G raphic design background a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Winter Break'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8138x-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.