This role is responsible for representing the Minnesota Twins as it relates to community initiatives and leading brand enhancement initiatives in Southwest Florida. In addition, this role is responsible for helping grow and retain revenue by building leads and continuing to grow the Club's partnership, season ticket and group ticket revenue for the Club's Florida operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sales of Season, Group and Hospitality ticket packages.
• Work with Ticket Operations to develop and execute ticket programs (ex. first responders, chamber members ticket discount program, etc.)
• Attending trade shows such as the Activity Directors trade show to develop additional contacts and sales leads.
• Work closely with the Fort Myers Mighty Mussels team on all game day initiatives including on-field and game presentation elements.
• Collaborate with Brand Partnerships department on Twins Partner Initiatives in Southwest Florida.
• Identify and research potential partnership opportunities in the local market.
• Prepare and present partnership sales presentations proposals to prospect organizations.
• Lead activations for Twins Brand Partners throughout the Lee County Sports Complex.
• Coordinate with Lee Health to plan and execute the Lee County Open House/Health Fair in conjunction with the first full squad workout of Spring Training.
• Develop Community Relations Initiatives throughout the year.
• Plan and execute charitable events on behalf of the Twins including golf, bowling, Bites & Baseball, etc.
• Host tours of the Lee County Sports Complex for specialty and trade groups (realtors, leadership, Minnesota stakeholders, etc.)
• Participate in speaking engagements with Rotary Club, Business Chambers, and other community events on the business of baseball.
• Collaborate and provide recommendations for charitable grant recipients in Southwest Florida.
• Explore opportunities to enhance the Twins brand - ex. Boy and Girls Club Baseball.
• Represent the Minnesota Twins at Community, business, and non-profit events.
• Establish working relationships with key community stakeholders to ensure the Twins are making a positive impact in Twins Territory within Southwest Florida.
• Develop and execute community initiatives that bring the four pillars of the Minnesota Twins: Passion, Hustle, Heart, and Fun, to life throughout the local region.
• Assist with the planning and execution of Lee County Sports initiatives below (but not limited to):
• Florida High School Athletic Association, Perfect Game, Roy Hobbs, etc.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field.
• 2 - 4 years of business experience with an emphasis in sales and community relations.
• Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of Southwest Florida and the business community is preferred.
• Bilingual is a plus, but not required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Nurture the working and operational leadership with the Fort Myers Mighty Mussels.
• Ability to maintain and expand a comprehensive list of key partners in Southwest Florida.
• Must be able to collaborate with all levels of the Twins Organization, Mighty Mussels Organization, and Southwest Florida charities/community members.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to navigate the complex as extensive walking is required.
• Must be able to work extended business hours including nights and weekends.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyz12-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.